1. Create a simple storyboard of eight to ten pictures that will be the main story of your claymation.
2. Keep the story board simple using stick "people".
3. The storyboard should also have the parts of the background that will be in motion, i.e. clouds.
1. Choose a background that will be used throughout the entire story.
2. Create a background for the claymation set using matboard and tempera paint.
***DEMO on painting procedures.
1. Collect and bring in props to be used on the set. Look at Chicken Run, Hatching of the Movie for ideas of using commonplace objects.
2. Make additional props to be used on the set.
1. For the claymation, characters will be made out of plasticine.Â A wire armature will be made as a movable skeleton.
***DEMO on armature making.
2. Colored plasticine is wrapped and molded around the wire armature to create the character.
***DEMO on character building with plasticine.
*Fits the theme
*Characters are 3 to 4 inches tall or long
*Expressive facial features
*3 to 4 colors of plasticine are used
*Character is easily movable
*Character stays together throughout the unit
*Produce at least 2 characters
1. Set up the painting background
2. Attach any movable part(s) to the background ie, clouds, birds.
3. Arrange the props for filming
4. Place the characters in their beginning pose.