1 - Head /torso shape from manila tag
2 - Hair from black construction paper - Fold black construction paper in half and trace hair shape. Cut. One hair piece will have a rectangle cut from it to expose face as shown on pattern piece. Set aside.
1. White Glue 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm) Construction Paper to back of 12" x 18" (30.5 x 46 cm) wrapping paper.
2. Fold top to within 1 inch (2.5 cm) of solid color construction paper square.
3. Fold top back 3/4 inch (1.9 cm) on to good side. Set aside.
1. Fold 2" x 5" (5 x 12.7 cm) piece of paper in half.
2. White Glue neck piece of the doll form crossing piece over on the front of the doll.
1. Place doll on figure 3 on the wrong side. Fold upper left corner down across body along the stiff Tag board edge.
2. Repeat with right side folding upper right corner down across body along stiff tag board edge.
3. Fold bottom of kimono along cardboard edge on left side.
4. Hold the left side down firmly and repeat the fold to the right side.
5. Fold bottom of kimono back matching the angle of the cardboard (right side only). Tack with glue.
1. Using 11" x 4 ½ " (28 x 11.4 cm) wrapping paper, fold ¼" (6.4 mm) over on the top long edge and on the bottom long edge of the rectangle to the wrong side.
2. Fold sash to fit doll. Glue in place on the back.
Back Drape of Kimono:
1. Fold 6" x 19" (15 x 48 cm) paper in half.
2. Fold in half
3. Attach back drape on back of kimono with drop of glue at base of head and on back of doll.
1. Fold black construction paper in half and trace outside of hair pattern.
2. Cut out.
3. As indicated on pattern, cut a rectangle out of 1 hair piece to expose face.
4. Glue to the front of the doll and to the back of doll, sandwiching the head.